Wednesday, March 26

Marc Romboy 'Contrast'

"Contrast" by Marc Romboy
Released June
Systematic Recordings

Systematic label head Marc Romboy brings his second album 'Contrast' into existence.

'Contrast is the dissimilarity or difference between things.'

The single to accompany the album will be 'Fly Away' - released 14 May.

Album tracklisting:
1. The Beat - Vs. Chelonis R. Jones
2. Fly Away - Vs. Blake Baxter
3. Iceland
4. Ey Mind - Vs. Mr. K-Alexi
5. Karamabolage
6. Side FX - Vs. Chelonis R. Jones
7. Acid Love - Vs. Mr. K-Alexi
8. Sonora
9. Luna's World
10. Elif




"It has been stated and it's one of my life philosophies that a human needs contrasts to be happy. Apart from this I really think that the tracks on the album are like a contrast too. When you listen to 'Sonora' and afterwards to 'Elif', it is a high contrast. But I like it [contrast], and I hate to repeat myself, which is why I always have to produce new things and ideas, so that it's hard to put me in one category." - Marc Romboy

Romboy's second album, following his brilliant debut LP 'Gemini' released in 2006, sees an electronic album of collaborations with some of dance music's most excellent vocalists. Chelonis R. Jones - known for releases on Get Physical and for his collaborations with Röyksopp - contributes on two releases. Blake Baxter - a regular Romboy collaborator who has also released on Kevin Saunderson's KMS imprint, Tresor, Disko B and Underground Resistance - adds his vocals to 'Fly Away'. And Mr. K-Alexi - one of Chicago's finest who has also collaborated with artists including Larry Heard, Robert Owens, Will Smith and Felix Da Housecat, lends his voice to two tracks on the album.

"The style of the album is simply electronic music with soulful elements and Detroit/Chicago techno/house influences.. I've chosen all these collaborations because I love to include soul into the electronic music I make. And the warm and emotional voices of these people contribute exactly what I love. I couldn't make instrumental tracks with a computer only. Sometimes yes, but working with voices is always a beautiful thing." - Romboy

No comments: